Tuesday, June 12, 2012

F.I.V.E.

The last few years Boston has been counting down until his birthday for MONTHS!!  This kid just gets INCREDIBLY excited about getting a year older.  He is now FIVE.  I.can.not.believe.this.  His birthday also happened to fall on his LAST day of preschool EVER so I got hit with a double whammy on that day.  We decided that we would only throw parties on the even years and on the odd years, we would just do something small with our family.  Boston has already started to plan his next TWO parties...oh goodness.  So this year, it was quite simple.  For breakfast that morning he got his ABSOLUTE favorite: MOUNTAIN PANCAKES!!  He asks for these EVERY morning so naturally it had to be eaten on his special day!
We lucked out this year and had Kristin and her family arrive on his birthday.  They got here JUST in time for me to go pick Boston up for preschool and watch his end of the year program.  Boston really has grown alot since starting preschool.  Its crazy to see how far he's come.  I'm so very proud of that boy.  He's MORE then ready to be in kindergarten both on a learning level and maturity level although I don't think I am ready for it. 
When we got home, I let Boston open his gifts. 
 Boston NEVER disappoints with his reactions when it comes to openings gifts.  He gets VERY excited and makes you feel VERY good about your purchase.  His latest OBSESSION is BEN 10!  I can tell he really is turning into a big boy when all of his interest are going into things like this.  Although these suckers can be hard to come by, I think this kid was very pleased with the collection he got.
 I have been wanting to buy this little gem for awhile now.  I'm so glad we did.  This thing is GREAT!
 Thanks to Grandma, Boston got some new additions to one of his other obsessions...TRIO blocks.  That boy can build things for hours with those blocks.
 Mimi and Papa got him a fun marble track.  This gets played with alot with both the boys. 
The cousins came with a fun TAILSPIN bike for him.  Boston thinks this thing is pretty cool.  You pedal as fast and as you can, then pull the lever and the bike spins around and does a 360!
 After gifts, we headed over for a little Chuck E Cheese time.  It wasn't busy AT ALL which was perfect.  We ate up some pizza and played PLENTY of games and thanks to Rylee and Sophie, we got LOTS of tickets (for those oh so worth it prizes at the end;)).
 These two really are best buds.  I just love that although we don't live close, they still ask for each other ALL he time and call each other their best friends.  It's a sweet relationship, although they are two peas in a pod and together can get into some trouble, but I absolutely LOVE it!
 Of course the kids FAVORITE part is getting their wonderful (cheap and dinky) little prizes.  They get thrown away secretly in a day or so by momma....
 Once we got home, all the kids got ready for bed and it was cake and ice cream time.  This year, Boston originally asked for a BOWSER cake.  Thankfully, last minute he changed his mind to a BEN 10 cake.  I was TOTALLY okay with that because that was MUST easier!!!
Boston's current Favorites According to him:

Favorite Color: Orange
Favorite Food: Chicken Nuggets and White Mac-n-Cheese
Favorite Movie: Tarzan
Favorite Toy: All the Ben 10 toys
Favorite Song: The Banana Song
Favorite thing to do: Go to Kyler's house and also to have a birthday

Boston is a sweet boy (most of the time).  He will randomly say these phrases and when I ask him where he heard that he says, "YOU MOMMA!" Things that I don't realize I say alot, apparently I do!  He is very into drawing "Mario" pictures these days.  I have TONS of random drawings from him.  He used to hate to sit and do art work but apparently that's changed.  He still loves to build anything and everything with his blocks.  Between his blocks and his drawings, he can stay busy for quite some time.  He has been getting better with his swimming this year and I'm SO proud of him for that.  He finally learned how to bring his head above water for more air and then go back under and keep swimming.  We've also been prepping for kindergarten with reading the last couple months.  He's doing SO great and is quickly moving through his reading books.  He has such an interest to learn how to read and do math.  We have also started up into a new phase of back talking.  This can get him into trouble sometimes and it's something we are working on.  I have a feeling this may not be going anywhere anytime soon....I just try VERY hard to keep my cool (which doesn't always happen).Over all he is a good boy, with a good heart, who LOVES his baby brother AND his daddy (like seriously ADMIRES Kent).  I love him SO much and I'm very grateful he's a part of our family.  Each year flies by and I just want it to stop.  Boston already believes that he's grown a foot since turning 5...not really so but it's funny to here him say "When I was four I couldn't see over this counter very good, and now that I'm five, I CAN!!!" Love him.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOY! 

3 comments:

Cassie said...

When did our kids get so big?! I seriously can't wrap my mind around the fact that we are old enough to have kids this old! Boston is so dang cute!!!!!! I might be looking into a leap pad for hallie!

Mom said...

What a fun day! He is getting so big and I completely understand your not wanting him to go to kindergarten. There is no way of stopping his growing up! But he is a sweet young man and is trying to do the right thing! Love our Boston!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this little boy! It was fun to be able to be there on his birthday! And you are absolutely correct, Boston does NOT disappoint when he opens his gifts. The BEN 10 expression was definitely on to remember. He is getting so big and is going to LOVE Kindgergaten. He will do just fine. No worries, little mama!