Monday, November 21, 2011

Annual Family Weekend Getaway



After last years wonderful experience in San Antonio at Hyatt's Wild Oak, we decided to make it an annual trip every year once the summer is up & Kent's busy season is over. Were we ever ready for it this year! This time, our good friends the Buchanans came with us. Boston loved having Kyler & Camden there to play with! We got in Friday evening and headed straight down to the pool. We were worried that although Texas hasn't been TOO cold this time of year, it has cooled off some and we didn't know what the water would be like. Well thankfully, their pools were heated!






Hudson got in the water and didn't know what to think of it. I think it was a little too cool for him even though it was heated. After a bit, I let him sit on the step of the hot tub and he was ALL smiles.



Once everyone had done their fair share of swimming we headed back to our room, grabbed some delicious Rudy's bbq and called it a night (except the adults stayed up and made it a LATE night). We considered doing Sea World the next day but since the weather was nice & we just wanted to relax, we decided to hang out at the lodge some more instead! So down to the pools we went again! The slide was the main attraction at the indoor pool. Apparently the outdoor slide isn't as fast and hurts your back. So we stuck to the indoor one.



LOVE this picture of Kent



It took some convincing with Boston (Kent bribed him with a candy bar) but he went down...and couldn't resist going back for more!!!





We headed back up for some lunch & put the little boys down for nap while the big boys played with their animals and watched a movie.



Then we thought we would take the boys down to the play in the sand. Sadly, the lazy river was FREEZING and NOT heated like the other pools so we hung out in the sand (for the most part...)




I should have put Hudson in his swimsuit but Kent brought Hudson down after his nap in the clothes he was wearing. Oh well. It was Hudson's FIRST sand experience. He wasn't too sure about it at first but that didn't stop him from getting all kinds of sand in his mouth....yum! Lovely.



My hott hubby just relaxin



Hudson's hair looks CRAZY here.



The boys ended up getting a little wet so the shirts came off so they wouldn't freeze & off they went to play some more...half in the water....off on land.



This was how Hudson crawled around in the sand.









We didn't play in the hammocks as much this year but the boys did enjoy a little swing in them for a minute.



We headed back up for dinner & told the boys they could play in the BIG tub. They loved it!



After a slight mishap with the jets, we finally convinced the boys to let us try again and the bubbles got bigger and bigger.....



They LOVED it!



And once the big boys got out, Hudson had a turn (although he thinks he's big like them, he's not quite yet).



After some dinner, we headed down for s'mores in the big firepit.


















One thing I hate about fall/winter....being pasty!



And sadly, the next day was time to leave. But NOT before a late check out and Cracker Barrel for breakfast!!!



We were sad to go but NO WORRIES, we'll be back again NEXT YEAR!!!!





Hopefully next year I won't come home to dog throw up all over my couches and house!!!!!


Thanks for a fun weekend Buchanans!!! I'm already ready to go back!

2 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Awwww, SO fun!!!! Charlie is looking at these pictures with me and keeps saying, "Where's me, mommy?" "I want to go there, next. After it's morning time, after I wake. Daddy brings me there." So next time we'll have to go together. Hopefully we'll be in the BIG-D by then. There are some changes being made with everything, so we shall see!!!!

I have to say that Boston's "holding his breath" picture while going on the slide is PRICELESS. You caught that perfectly. I'm glad y'all were able to with such good friends. I sure miss your boys and can't believe how big they are getting!!! (wah!!)

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

We had a blast! I'm just now posting this on my blog:( I have got to be better at this like you! You inspire me! It's time to catch up and get with it:)