I got home Sunday after spending TWO weeks in Louisiana with family. We had our annual 4th together with my family. Kent came just for a few days but then had to head back to work.
I love that ALL the cousins get to spend time together!
We also were lucky to have the Heath's come over from Houston to join in on our 4th. Melessa and Kristin were close friends in Kansas. Then funny enough, when we moved to Houston, Melessa was moving to Houston too and we ended up in the same ward! Perfect right?
This year we tried something new....our FIRST ANNUAL FAMILY OLYMPICS! It was a HIT (okay, maybe I'm bias since I planned it all). The first competition...chocolate pie eating contest.
Kent dominated in like 2 seconds flat! I didn't even see him down it. I blinked and it was GONE!
Then it was the kids turn to eat the pies.
Next, we sucked jello through a straw....daddy dominated.
Next was the water balloon toss. The kids were VERY anxious for this one, so they went first. Again, I'm pretty sure Rylee & Anna won. Charlie and Boston were out on the first toss (although I kept grabbing more water balloons and trying again...determination? I like it!)
In the meantime, the men had their annual pool basketball. It gets competitive and people get hurt every year.
The adults had their turn at the balloon toss. Kent and I were SO close but sadly placed 2nd after Kelli and Tanner.
No worries, we came back in the three legged race!
The kids did surprisingly well. I had to coach Boston and Charlie the whole way but they were rather impressive and only fell once.
Charlie was still a TAD nervous this year but managed to stay outside for the whole show.
Then it was time for the big show. The boys did a pretty great show this year and it could be possibly ranked as the best one to date.
HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness, this gets better every year! The family Olympics look like they were a hit and the pictures had me laughing right out loud. I have to remember that for when our family starts to get a little bigger!! Glad you guys had so much fun! Miss you all!
LOVED this whole blog! I always like to see what ya'll are wearing for your 4th of July gear too..is that weird?! Ha ha! Looks like ya'll had a blast, love your fam!
Love the pics. Great seeing everybody! Looks like yall had a blast :)
Wow! You guys really go out for the fourth! I love it! I sure wish my family did something like this. Maybe when the girls are a bit bigger I will steal some of these awesome ideas... tehehe
AWww, we're so fun!! ;) We always look forward to our 4th of July celebrations!!! You got some good pictures. And your firework one didn't turn our as bad as we thought it might. I already miss and want to hit "rewind" and go back and do it all over again!!!!
Post a Comment