Thursday, December 02, 2010

Tis the Season!
I've been waiting for the month of December to come around for almost 9 months now and not just because I LOVE Christmas but because it means our little man will be here at the end of the month! I can NOT wait to NOT be pregnant anymore...my body is DONE! Anyway, we've had our Christmas decor up since right before Thanksgiving but waited until after Thanksgiving to put up our tree. Out of laziness, we decided to bring out our little ole fake tree instead of getting a real one this year again this year. Its all the same, right?? Well, that's how I'm feeling this year. Holidays keep getting more and more fun the older Boston gets. This year he was THRILLED to help decorate and did a great job at loading the bottom of our tree with MANY ornaments!


After checking out this picture, I went back to make sure those little stick things were tucked down further in my tree!

On December 1st, we of course had Santa deliver the "Elf on the Shelf" tradition we started last year with our little elf named Piccolo.

Boston actually gets it this year much better and is much more excited about searching for Piccolo's new spot every morning. Please excuse my son's shiny lips/nose...daddy must have vaselined him up that morning.
Not only am I thrilled to have our little guy join our family this month but I'm thrilled that Boston is really understanding the meaning of Christmas this year. Every day I try and review the Christmas story with him and ask him why we are celebrating Christmas. Its so cute to hear him try to tell the story. The wisemen are his favorite part but probably because he relates it to one of his favorite songs, "The Wiseman Built His House on a Rock" (or whatever the title of that song is). Whatever works right?


LET THE CHRISTMAS SEASON BEGIN!!!!
Now I just need to start my Christmas shopping....

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You just reminded me I wanted to get Elf on the Shelf!!! Now I have a reason to buy it for my family! Fun :) Only a few weeks now!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Awe, I love that picture of him helping to decorate the tree. I miss you guys. And those jammies are STRIKING on him. You've got good taste. ;)