Friday, November 19, 2010

It's a BABY Shower!
Last Thursday I had a random knock on my door. I'm not one to answer to people I'm not expecting (yes, a little paranoid) but luckily I DID because at my door was my sister KRISTIN!!! She had totally caught me off guard and had flown in town to help my friend, Melessa (and her good friend) throw my BABY SHOWER! Later that evening while watching a scary movie at Melessa's house, there was another random knock on the door at 10:30 pm! ANOTHER surprise....MY MOMMA!!!! I was THRILLED to have them BOTH in town! I was VERY hesitant to have this shower thrown since this baby is #2 AND another boy but Melessa was persistent, so shower it was (I don't regret it now especially since BOTH my mom and sister came)! The shower was PERFECT! I just HAVE to brag on what a cute and GREAT job they did! Here are the cute little invitations (perfect for fall huh?):
The whole shower was owl themed and I must say I L.O.V.E.D. it! These girls are TOO creative! Those cupcakes are SPRINKLES pumpkin spice (did you know you can buy their mixes from William Sonoma?)


I have NO name for this little man yet (we have a list narrowed down but naming won't come until the day we officially meet the him) so I thought this banner was creative and appropriate!

Here are the sweet gift bags that had a few goodies inside INCLUDING the MOST DELICIOUS cake balls I've EVER tasted from Suzy Bee's!!

I'm just noticing this now but its like what our little family will be like soon enough....FOUR (wow)!

Do you see those little bowls to the left with the apples and butterscotch dip? Yes, even those are OWL bowls!

These things were DELICIOUS! I think I ate atleast 3-4 (ok, minus the candy corn, sorry not a fan)!

Our drinks...adorable right??
Now THESE were DE.LI.CIOUS. like REALLY DELICIOUS!!
The food and decor were FABULOUS and I couldn't complain ONE bit! I kept the guest list small since this is baby boy #2 but still came away with some great loot! Do I look a little excited to get some CUTE burp cloths? Well, I am! I'm also realizing that I am PALE and that scarf makes me look EXTRA chubby!

I must say my favorite gift was part of my mom's gift. She made this cute, soft little blanket for the little guy! I LOVE it!! Its JUST perfect (thanks again mom)!
As you can tell, the baby shower was SUPERB! I was spoiled in more ways than one!! I'm so glad to have GREAT FRIENDS (also quick shout out to Amanda for coming in town from Dallas) and FAMILY!!!!!
thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!!!

8 comments:

critts said...

Wow--you have the most creative friends ever! What a wonderful baby shower. I love the decor.

AmyB said...

How sweet for everyone to show up! So very creative!

Brent and Britta said...

Soooo in love with your owl theme! I love owls! You had the cutest shower I have ever seen!!!

Mom said...

Yes we had such a wonderful time together. The shower was so MUCH FUN! Who are those party planners? They ought to hire themselves out!!
Lots of thought and love went into every aspect. Hope your little guy knows what a world of love he is coming into!!!

Amanda and Brandon Jamison said...

It seriosly was A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E! I am glad I was able to come down! It was great to see you and i CAN'T WAIT for "Whoo Whoo" Hooper to get here!

Jenn said...

OH I love the owl theme! So cute :) They did an awesome job, and how fun your Mom and sis surprised you!

Cassie said...

oh my gosh that looked awesome!! You have got some creative friends. It's funny the other day I threw a baby shower for my friend who was having a boy and I searched and searched your blog for Boston's baby shower. I remembered how cute it was and needed some ideas. I never found it....to bad this shower was too late for me to take some of the ideas!!! You also look great by the way, super cute!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

What a fun shower it was! It was good to see you, mom, and melessa. we need to do this more often. =) thanks for letting me be apart of your fun day.

love you