Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A LITTLE JIGGLE JIGGLE!
So in my attempt to be more creative and fun with Boston, I decided to work on his shapes by making some JELLO (remember the commercial, "J.E.L.L.....O!"). I didn't know if Boston would enjoy the taste/texture because #1 he's doesn't have a sweet tooth like his dad does and #2 he can be kinda picky sometimes! Anyway, we tried it out regardless!
Boston LOVED to "JIGGLE JIGGLE JIGGLE" the jello! He thought it was pretty funny!

My sad attempt at hand carving (is that the word you'd use to describe cutting the shapes?) the jello shapes. But in MY DEFENSE we did take a bite out of a few of them! Boston didn't really LOVE the taste. He'd make the FUNNIEST face EVER when I'd get him to try a bite. Needless to say most of the jello didn't get eaten it just wound up in the trash when we were done with it.

Since Kent's been out of town and we all KNOW how much that boy loves his sweets, I decided to bake him some cookies for when he gets home. Boston LOVES to help "DUMP DUMP DUMP" (why he repeats everything in 3's I don't know...) all the ingredients in the bowl but HATES the mixer. He will literally climb off the chair, go in the other room and come back when he's heard it turn off and then climb back up to help. He cracks me up!


These are SOME DANG GOOD chocolate chip cookies (Kent's FAV). Thanks to the BR3 Ward Cookbook my mom gave me a few years back, I'm lucky enough to have the recipe!

We decided NOT to wait for Kent to taste test a couple cookies...

And what is better than finishing it off with a cold glass of MILK?!?
If anyone is interested in trying these yummy cookies, here's the recipe:
1 1/2 c.packed brown sugar
1 c. butter or margarine softened
1 egg
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. sliced almonds (optional)
1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
1/2 c. white chocolate chips
Heat oven to 375. Beat brown sugar, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in nuts and chocolates. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1-2 minutes, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
--Recipe from Selina Ramsden
On another note, for some reason this summer it's KILLING me to not have all my stuff! I'm REALLY missing having my couches, bed, TV, decor, kitchen stuff, etc! I mean SERIOUSLY! I wanted so bad to rent a truck when I was in Utah and drive it all back here to Texas! I'm tired of living off the bare minimum!!!! Just a LITTLE bit longer...I CAN DO IT!!! Hopefully....

4 comments:

Kelly Munns said...

oh boy is that boston cute. i love how stinkin chunky he is! he is just a thick boy and i would be munching all over him if i could! i love how you got all creative on us with the jigglers. that's a good idea. isaac might even like jello. although he's a texture kid...maybe he won't. but i bet he'd like mixing, mixing, mixing!

mary said...

Boss-man is getting SO BIG! he is a boy! and a handsome one that that! Karlee I am impressed with your creativity with the Jello!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Wow! I'm immpressed. Boston did a great job cutting out the jello! You really can tell what shapes they really are. =)

Jenn said...

How fun! I don't even know where to start other than looks like yall had a blast. Yall have the best family :) Too cute!