Tuesday, February 17, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

We made this Valentine's Day very simple. Now that Kent is on this whole "Total Money Makeover" deal (yes, sometimes it drives me nuts but other times I'm grateful he brings me back to reality), we decided to have a night in and cook dinner together after Boston went to bed. Actually this was my idea to contribute and show Kent that I AM willing to sacrifice(sometimes..) in order to boost our savings plus I remembered a Newlyweds episode where Jess and Nick decided to make gifts for $10 or less on Vday and thought it was a cute idea! Kent asked me what I was craving for dinner and for some reason I've been DYING to hit up Outback so Outback was brought to the Hooper's! Kent bought some steak, potatoes, asparagus, texas toast and some good ole DP! We put Boston to bed and had a nice quiet candle lit dinner together. We didn't do much in the gift department although I did give Kent a list of "50 Reasons I Love You." I wanted to do 100 but I thought about it last minute and didn't have time so maybe I'll just add to it as we go! It was a nice evening just being able to talk and relax. I LOVE being married to Kent and I'm VERY glad he's the one I'm with forever!
Boston was also so lucky to receive a Valentine's package from Mimi and Papa! When he woke up from his nap, he got to see his fun surprises! Mimi packed it FULL of little goodies!

A homemade chocolate heart sucker (Kent and I were also lucky to get one also) and a tootsie pop (which he LOVED)!
A box filled with ANIMAL CRACKERS which again he LOVED!
And the book, "Five Little Ducks" that my mom used to sing to me as a kid! Thanks Mimi and Papa for thinking of us! We love getting surprise packages, especially the little man!
Also, since we no longer have the luxury of having SPRINKLES around, Kent thought we'd make our own red velvet cupcakes! So we did and Boston devoured his cupcake as well as Kent's deacon's on Sunday!
We hope everyone else had an enjoyable Valentine's Day too!
P.S. Did I also mention Kent made me breakfast in bed on Vday also? I think that was the FIRST time in our marriage he's done that...I was VERY surprised and VERY pleased! What a man! Also, did I also mention that it has snowed here EVERY DAY since last Sunday (that's Sunday Feb 8th to be exact) and today has been the WORSE so far. Usually we've gotten snow flurries throughout the day but TODAY it has been FULL ON BLIZZARD! We shoveled approximately 1 ft of snow this morning off and I KNOW we have atleast that on it right now! I think we'll have all this snow still here when we leave the end of March for Houston! CRAAAZZZZY!

5 comments:

Ortiz Family said...

Karlee I can't believe how big Boston is getting! He looks like a little man. He is so cute.

The Nielsons said...

I'm going to have to get that No No, Yes Yes book! Maybe Isabel will start listening a little better! p.s. we need to talk about Cancun! Let's just go now! ;)

AmyB said...

mmm Outback! love it! Sounds like a great day was had by all.

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Well, it sounds like a success! Even though you weren't able to go out. There's something about just staying in your own home and cooking on special nights like these. Glad you had fun.

Boston looks like he is LOVIN' that candy. What a sweet face!

jamie said...

Oh how I miss Nick & Jessica! If I recall right...she went way over in her budget too right? HA! Oh Jessica.