Some of the Christmas treats!
It is that time of year again! I made my yearly treats for friends and neighbors yesterday. This is a tradition in our home that every Monday night before Christmas we take some sort of treat to our friends! Okay I will admit, last year NO treats went out because I was too sick to step foot in the kitchen and bake all day! This year I decided I didn't want to be in the kitchen baking ALL day (by the end of it all I'm usually uptight, stressed,and groutchy anyway) so I vetoed making an assortment of goodies this year! SO INSTEAD I decided on poppy seed bread (actually it was going to be banana nut bread but I forgot to buy bananas and let them ripen). I must say this was SOOO much easier than all that baking and MUCH LESS stressful! I will admit that I didn't give to as many people this year as we normally do. I was a little bit lazy in that department this year and I also decided to keep a loaf for ourselves (selfish?)---actually I don't really eat it so it's pretty much for Kent. It was a fun night though delievering it to our friends! We put the Christmas music on and had a great time! We started at 6:30 and didn't get home until 9:30 but hey that's okay, it was a great night anyway! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
It is that time of year again! I made my yearly treats for friends and neighbors yesterday. This is a tradition in our home that every Monday night before Christmas we take some sort of treat to our friends! Okay I will admit, last year NO treats went out because I was too sick to step foot in the kitchen and bake all day! This year I decided I didn't want to be in the kitchen baking ALL day (by the end of it all I'm usually uptight, stressed,and groutchy anyway) so I vetoed making an assortment of goodies this year! SO INSTEAD I decided on poppy seed bread (actually it was going to be banana nut bread but I forgot to buy bananas and let them ripen). I must say this was SOOO much easier than all that baking and MUCH LESS stressful! I will admit that I didn't give to as many people this year as we normally do. I was a little bit lazy in that department this year and I also decided to keep a loaf for ourselves (selfish?)---actually I don't really eat it so it's pretty much for Kent. It was a fun night though delievering it to our friends! We put the Christmas music on and had a great time! We started at 6:30 and didn't get home until 9:30 but hey that's okay, it was a great night anyway! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
See how excited Boston was to do this?!?
By the way, my Christmas cards ARE coming this year I PROMISE! Okay wait maybe not the THIS year but the first of NEXT year (it'll be a New Years card). I have been SO on top of Christmas shopping, treats, etc but have REALLY slacked in that department this year. We haven't taken our picture yet for it but we WILL and I WILL get it out..PROMISE!


4 comments:
The whole presentation of your goodies turned out so nicely.........and you said you weren't creative. I beg to differ.
It looks GREAT! Any chance you want to send some our way? Haha! can I just tell you how cute boston is in that picture!! LOVE IT!
It looks GREAT! Any chance you want to send some our way? Haha! can I just tell you how cute boston is in that picture!! LOVE IT!
wow look at you!! Those little loaves look yummy, to bad we couldn't have a little taste! Just wanted to wish you a merry christmas!!!
Post a Comment