CHRISTMAS
Last night, as a family, we went over to watch the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional. I love going to this every year because I feel like it is such a great way to kick off the Christmas season. I couldn't help but tear up a few times during the broadcast. I couldn't stop thinking about how Mary felt holding the Christ child in her arms and thinking about what a huge blessing it was to give birth to the Son of God. What a huge responsibility she was given. All I could think about was how blessed I am to have such a happy, healthy, beautiful baby boy and how trusting my Heavenly Father is to bless me with one of his children. I want to do all I can to make sure he grows up to be the best he can. I know that last night he probably didn't understand a word that was spoken but everytime the choir sang, he just settled down and didn't make a peep. In fact, right before they sang "Sleep, sleep, sleep" (I think that's the name of the song) he started to get a little fussy but when the song started, he just curled up in my arms and fell asleep! Even though he is little, I'm convinced that he too can feel the spirit. I am so blessed in my life and Boston just adds so much more to my life.
I love the Christmas season. The spirit in the air is so different than any other time of year. I wish it was like that everyday of the year. I love reflecting on Christ's birth, seeing people's hearts open to others this time of year, the beautiful Christmas music, the lights, shopping for Christmas gifts, and spending time with family. It can't get much better than that. I left last night's devotional wanting to be a better person-a better mom, a better wife, a better sister, daughter, friend...-but then again when CAN you leave after hearing the First Presidency speak and NOT want to find ways to be better! I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and try not to lose sight of the TRUE meaning of Christmas! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4 comments:
how insightful...thanks for the reminder. it's really a great, peaceful season if we let it :)
I loved it as well. As you know I'm a big advocate of Christmas music during the holidays--remember me forcing you girls to the Nutcracker and Symphony Christmas concerts. But there is such a special spirit at the First Presidency Devotionals. Pres. Monson always has a beautiful story to tell. Mama
Thank you for this post...True meaning of this season.
Karlee, I feel the same way! I was just telling someone that I wish I could feel this way all year long. This is by far my favorite time of year. I loved the devotional. Like you said it is the perfect way to start the holidays!!
Post a Comment