Kent is out of town again this whole week in Utah/Idaho doing recruiting for work. I never look forward to him going out of town! Mainly because it means that I have to be alone at night! Maybe I just freak myself out but I HATE being alone at night! I'm so weird about it! I just can never feel 100% safe! I force myself to stay up as LATE as possible just because I feel like if I go to sleep something bad could happen. I also sleep out on the couch because I feel like if I'm in my room and someone breaks in I'll be trapped and they could steal Boston from me! I also HAVE to have the TV on ALL night-- no matter what I'm doing (the TV is on right now infact!)! At night I set the timer on the TV to shut off on its own. I also always leave a few lights on for safety reasons. I know I'm SOO weird and paroniod! But I do give myself props because last night I actually slept in my bed instead of on the couch--I also have plans on sleeping in there tonight! I didn't get much rest though because I woke up a few times to check on Boston to make sure no one broke in and stole him! My ears are always alert to any weird noises I here inside or out!
So what is my one comfort when Kent is gone? Like I said I always have to have the TV on and so after all the good shows are finished at night, I pop in my FRIENDS DVDS! There is just something about watching them that makes me feel a little safer---maybe its the laughter (I've watched them SO many times but still die laughing everytime!). It is the one thing that kind of settles me down at night.
Wish me luck tonight and the rest of the week being alone! Maybe the guy above us will chill out with his blaring music he tends to play from 11 pm-4 am (lucky Boston is a hard sleeper)!
P.S. I saw a guy who lives upstairs leave last night when Iwas out taking Stella to the bathroom and he had a police uniform on..that did make me feel a little safer knowing a cop is upstairs...although it does seem he has the night duty...

5 comments:
Hey Karlee!
Cute blog! I love all of the pictures of Boston. He is seriously the cutest!
I'm sorry that you're lonely without Kent...but we sure have enjoyed having him here. :)
You are so much like me right now! Brandon is out of town too, as you know, and I sit up trying to finish watching the 2nd season of Grey's Anatomy and then I finally have to force myself to go to sleep....of course, on the sofa. I make sure all the doors are locked and I even keep a couple lights on at night just to be safe. If I ever feel sad or lonely I just pop in my Friends dvd's too! That show will always make me laugh no matter how much I watch them. Call me if you get lonely! :)
Good luck without Kent!! It is such a weird feeling to be alone! I'm sure you will be fine, but I know how that feels...not fun!
Kari--only one more night alone. Don't worry. You're a trooper. Wish I could be there for you.
Karlee--I wish I could be there for you too. It's no fun spending the night by yourself. Kent seems to be doing this ALOT lately. How often does he leave?
Im the same way if Bretts gone. Im a freak out I hate it. I put a chair behind the door- like thats gonna stop someone but it makes me feel better. I have other more embarrasing rituals but just know I totally understand!
Post a Comment