Tuesday, January 09, 2007


CHRISTMAS IN BATON ROUGE!!

We headed home for the holidays and I must say it was probably one of the best trips we've had going back to the dirty south! I'm really not sure if it was because we had our own transportation (daddy let us borrow his company's lil pimp VW bug that was wrapped in Hancock Investment logos front to back...I was a lil embarrassed to drive it so I wouldn't get in it unless Kent was driving!) or if it was because I really missed home and realized how much I would LOVE to go back and live there! Crazy I know because I never thought that I would want to be there but there was just a warm sense of security. But who knows what will ever happen with us. For all I know I'll be in Idaho the rest of my life!
But Christmas was really great though! We spent Christmas Eve at Carol's house and opened presents with Kent's side of the family and then Christmas day was spent at the Bluth house! Kent and I had decided that we would not spend money on each other this year and instead put the money towards someone else that needs it more. I'm a lil reble though and really had a great gift in mind for Kent so I couldn't resist but atleast getting him that! But how surprised was I when on Christmas day my dad hands me a gift from KENT! He had thought the same thing! I was also even more surprised about what was inside! Kent had actually broken down and bought me a REAL...I mean REAL Coach wallet! I would have never thought Kent would ever do that because he thinks its rediculous to spend that kind of money. He said he was tempted to buy a purse with it (I probably would have passed out) but decided against in last minute(dang it! My chances are over!)! I guess its a good thing because with that and the gift I got him we, like usual, went WAY over our Christmas budget! He was also surprised to see the Hank Aaron real authentic autograph picture that I gave him! It was such a suprise to him but that's why I HAD to do it! He's been wanting it so bad and he just didn't want to pay the money every time he looked into it! But his lil wife surprised him like the great wife she is and just bit the bullet and did it!
Other than that I mainly got pregnancy clothes and house decor for Christmas! OH YEAH! And Kristin put together this HUGE binder FULL of her/mom/friends recipes! I mean this thing weighs like 10 lbs no joke! But it was so nice of her to take the time and make us all this recipe book! My new years resolution: COOK and STOP EATING OUT! So hopefully this will help! But all in all it was great being home with the fam and being able to see friends as well!

No comments: