Sunday, September 11, 2016

happy new year

As our kids get older, it's been fun to have a fun New Years Eve party.  Completely last minute, I threw something together for us.
A few  years ago, we did this same thing--you have different activities designated for different times during the evening up until midnight!  The kids love it and it's a fun way to pass the time away until the ball drops.
Some of the activities included painting your own canvas,
Minute to win it games,
 And of course the infamous pinata.  
I was VERY nervous about my walls getting nailed with the bat!  Thankfully, all walls were safe!
Hudson of course decided punching it was more exciting.
 Then of course the countdown and the balloon drop. 
Sadly, I did NOT get a good picture of the balloon drop but you get the idea....
CHEERS!!!
 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Life is better with family during these kinds of celebrations.
Also, can I just say how HAPPY I am to finally be able to have fun little parties like this and have SPACE to have people over?  My house may have still been in boxes but I've been waiting too long for this!
New house.
New city.
New Year!
Bring it 2016!