Monday, August 08, 2016

our first home

We have waited 11 years for this house and I couldn't be more excited to finally have a place to call HOME!!
I've been dying for more space and I've been dreaming of the perfect neighborhood to raise our family.
We found the PERFECT neighborhood that we have completely fallen in love with.  It's an active, friendly neighborhood with basketball courts, pickle ball courts, tennis courts, pools, parks, trails, fishing, soon to have camp grounds and a beach area.  There's a brand new elementary school that's just around the corner from our section so the boys can walk or ride bikes to school.   It's seriously perfect and we completely love it!!
After 7 months of waiting, our house was finally FINISHED.

Literally ONE week before Christmas we officially closed on our house.  
We were in beast mode trying to get moved in and unpacked so Christmas didn't feel like a moving disaster.  
The second we found the box with the boys' toys, I wondered if we even NEEDED to give them anything at Christmas.  Not seeing toys for 7 months sure does make it feel like Christmas morning!
Somehow we managed to move in, unpack almost EVERYTHING and even set up a Christmas tree JUST in time for Christmas.
We're finally in our FIRST home and couldn't be happier about it!  We LOVE our house.  It's the perfect house for our family and  I can't wait to make memories with this little family of mine in it!
It finally feels like home.

No comments: