Monday, August 11, 2014

35 weeks

35 weeks.
I'm finally rounding the corner of the END of this pregnancy. 
I know I've always been thrilled for pregnancy to be over but I don't think I've ever been THIS thrilled (thrilled yet nervous).  We didn't ever EXPECT to have an August baby (we wanted it before or after actually) but the way things go with us, we can't ever plan it like we would like.  I'm just hoping to avoid this next time. 
 It is HOT. 
I've never been so swollen CONSISTENTLY ever.  This body can not grow any larger it seems (although yes, it is still growing).  Kent and I laugh at how difficult it is for me to stand up from the couch or the bed or the ground.  It can be quite comical.  I've outgrown MAJORITY of my maternity shirts.  I remember this happening with Hudson but that was like 2 weeks before he was coming not FOUR. 
This little boy is ACTIVE.  Like BEYOND active.  I feel him kicking and pushing and spinning ALL DAY EVERY day.  Even when I wake up in the middle of the night, he's moving.  I'm hoping this won't determine his personality but we will see. 
 I've finally hit the point where I can stomach eating hamburgers again.  Seems like that took longer with this baby.  I'm all about crunching down on some ice and I love me a PBJ.  
Car seat and stroller have been ordered and I've added a few little outfits to the wardrobe.  I need to purchase some of the "necessity" items like diapers and such (I can't believe I'm about to have a kid in diapers again). 
I feel the need to be very prepared for the month of August because between ALL the birthdays, our anniversary, school starting, football starting, church calling and baby coming at times I feel a tad overwhelmed (I'm sure part of that is pregnancy hormones...my poor husband). Let's hope I can get all that taken care of. 
 I kept thinking that maybe this go around I would actually start having Braxton hicks or contractions but so far not a thing has happened and I still have no idea how that feels.  I have plenty of other pains but nothing like that. 
4 more weeks left.  This baby will be making his debut on August 18 at 12:30!!!!  I'm pretty sure I'm more nervous than ever for this delivery.  Something about knowing how everything goes down and not being so naive about it brings the nerves on more.
The count down continues.

No comments: