In June, my cousin Madison graduated from high school. They live here in Houston about 25 minutes from us and so we were SUPER thrilled when we found out that not only were my parents going to be coming over but my grandparents were also flying in from St. George. So, we spent the weekend with family. The boys always LOVE going over to swim in their pool and jump at the chance they get to go.
That night, we got a sitter and went to Madison's graduation (NO WAY am I attending a graduation with 900+ students with two little boys). I can not believe how big these high schools are here in Texas. Thankfully, Madison BLUTH is at the beginning of the graduating class so we didn't have to sit forever to see her graduate. She's attending Utah State in the fall on a voice scholarship. That girl can sing.
We finished the night off at Steamboat House post graduation. I have never eaten there before but those steaks are DELICIOUS and the atmosphere of the restaurant is so fun! The man who owns the place collects all kinds of Texas/American history things. I made my cousins give my grandparents and I a run down of all this Texas history....I'm sure in a few years I'll be needing to know it when Boston is learning all about this great state of Texas.
It was so good to see my grandparents. They are the cutest little couple who truly love and respect each other. Wish we lived closer to see them more often but we will take what we can get!
1 comment:
We love Steamboat house! Next time, get the cannonball dessert, it is a big ball of ice cream rolled in crushed oreos.... my pregnant mouth is watering just thinking about it!
I am catching up on your blog, I found it through a friend, and when I saw your splash pad in the May post, I SWEAR we must live in the same neighborhood! My blog is www.thatgirlwithsparklyheels.blogspot.com but I haven't posted in a while, 2 under 2 is keeping me busy!
Post a Comment