I was a tad nervous to go to Epcot because I remember being absolutely BORED as a kid going here. But, we wanted to hit up every park and I had heard that Epcot had added a few things to make it more exciting. We had to of course take family pictures in front of the infamous Epcot globe. This time around we did NOT go in for the ride. It was the most BORING ride EVER and something I will NEVER choose to do again in my life.
Boston looks so THRILLED to be at Disney doesn't he?
Our first stop was the Finding Nemo ride and Turtle Talk with Crush. Loved them both.
Hudson was in awe of the fish while we were waiting for Turtle Talk with Crush. When we got inside, Crush started the show with picking someone in the crowd to talk to. Surprisingly, he picked Boston! Boston thought it was pretty cool and both him AND Kent got to talk to him. Later in the show, Sophie even got to ask a question. I think she asked him how many fish are in the ocean or something like that. He was pretty entertaining.
All the cousins (minus Hudson and Landry) tried to squeeze in the shark mouth for a picture. Don't know why that random lady with the swimsuit looking top was standing in the way of our picture but she was. Maybe she was foreign so I'll give her a pass.
One thing I was impressed with in Epcot was the different countries you walked through. It literally felt like you had just stepped into Italy, Paris, Sweden, Morocco, etc. The people working in each of those countries were people who really WERE from that specific country. Made me want to travel the world ASAP! We ate lunch in Morocco and I was a little nervous about the food but it was DELICIOUS!!! Along the way through the countries, we spotted MANY characters including Kent's BELOVED Belle and the Beast. Kent said the real life Belle didn't do it for him like that one in the movie does though...sorry she disappointed you Kent.
Aurora (Boston had no idea who she was but went with it any way)
Maria from Aristocrats (again we didn't know her either)
Mary Poppins. She did EXTREMELY well at staying in her character.
Boston had been DYING to find Lightning McQueen and this had to tide him over until we found them in Hollywood Studios a few days later. But Krew was THRILLED with it.
Little Landry. Poor kid had to tough out not being able to nap every day in his cozy little bed. Instead, he had to try to fall asleep in his stroller. He was a trooper though. We'll come back Landry when you can have more fun! I also experience a good moment to remember when Hudson had a MAJOR blowout when we were in the American Dream show. There really wasn't a way out so I had to wait for the show to finish up. That was entertaining/stressful. Sorry for the poop you got from Hudson, mom, and sorry to every one else for the stink!
We met Mulan in China. Again, Boston didn't know who she was but was ULTRA thrilled when she KISSED Charlie and his forehead!
He was grinning ear to ear when it first happened but the more we teased him about it, he wiped off those lips and told us he thought it was disgusting.
We ate dinner inside this Aztec pyramid.
Hudson was trying to act so cool with Uncle Chad's shades!
Dinner was pretty good here. Of course, our family LOVES some good Mexican.
I tried my FIRST EVER fish tacos (BLAH) this night. I will NEVER do it again and I will stick to HATING fish!
One of the rides we tried out which I will NEVER do again was this space ride. It made it feel like you were REALLY going into space on a spaceship. It had warnings EVERY WHERE OVER AND OVER reminding you of its intensity. Well, I learned my lesson the hard way. I'll never go into space and I'll NEVER ride that again. We also rode a fun ride that showed you how they test out cars before putting them out for buyers. Boston LOVED it especially being able to test the speed of the car! Soarin' was also a favorite that we rode. Basically, Epcot didn't totally disappoint like I had remembered. Kent says he's good and doesn't need to go back again but I'm pretty sure we will still include it when he go back again someday!
2 comments:
Ok, so to be honest, I really liked Epcot this go round too! LOVED Soarin' and the Car Test Track. I would go back for sure.
Ahh, I miss our family trip already. Should we plan another one for next year? =D
I went on Mission Space on our first trip to Disney with kids - I was literally sick the rest of the day and had to ride the shuttle home by myself so I could lie down in the dark. Worst ride ever - Mike freaked Max out too by telling him if he didn't shoot the astroids we would die. Max was 4 and freaking out -thought it was real!
Post a Comment