Wednesday, September 08, 2010

LABOR DAY
I feel like this weekend passed to quickly especially since Kent ACTUALLY took Saturday-Monday OFF work (pure miracle) to which I owe thanks to the Nielsons for coming in town and helping make that happen! Our weekend was quick, simple and fun!
SATURDAY:
LSU KICKOFF PARTY! LSU vs. North Carolina ending in our win but TOO close of a win that was NOT necessary! Let's hope this doesn't happen all season!
SUNDAY:
Church+play+food!
MONDAY:
We actually GOT OUT before Nielsons left back to Dallas. We ATTEMPTED to go swimming only to be hit by a MONSOON! So plan 'B' it was and Taylor got his wish to go to REI where the boys dreamed & we tried a dried ice cream sandwich...YUCK! Then we of course had to hit up some FOOD...mexican it was (Los Cucos---Kent's fav)!
Enjoy some pics from the weekend:
Kent picked up Halle and she cuddled right up on his chest and after about 15 minutes of laying there, she was KNOCKED OUT! Adorable right?


The kids dreaming of their days to come of camping (love how they are both wearing their crocs...yeah Boston hasn't even attempted to put them on all summer til Izzy came in town....must be true love).

A little food for the belly


Best friends!!!
All this love over so many years of friendship...
After the Nielsons bailed, we headed to Sprinkles (only Kent's FAVORITE cupcake in the world...if the man is willing to spend $3.25/cupcake you KNOW it must be good to him). He has now informed me this will be his birthday cake next year and he doesn't care HOW MUCH it costs (WOAH!).
After Sprinkles, we of course had to hit up PBK across the street because its Boston's FAVORITE store (ok, ok I'll admit I love it too).
It was SUCH a fun weekend and I'm SOOO happy Nielsons came and even HAPPIER my husband was HOME! I can't remember the last time he's been home that much!! HALLELUJAH!!!

5 comments:

Kiersten said...

Love the pics minus the one of me at Los Cucos. Let me just say that I wasn't prepared to go out to eat, I was prepared to go swimming until the monsoon hit!!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Aren't friends the best!?!

And I'm dying at Kent's response to the whole cupcake thing. That cracks me up. The man who (at first) wouldn't buy his son a train table, is now willing to pay $3.25 for a bunch of cupcakes on his birthday. Ya gotta love him.

Jenn said...

Looks like yall had an awesome weekend! Markus just started getting the weekends off and it's the best thing ever! Glad yall were able to enjoy the holiday with Kent home :) I will have to try this cupcake...

Ciara said...

yeah for more pics! love the bff pics. miss ALL Y'ALL!

KathiNiels said...

Karlee - thanks so much for the pictures and sharing the memory. I would LOVE a copy of the picture with Kent & Taylor, Is and Boston. Can you send to me through email? KathiNiels@yahoo.com.

Hope you are feeling well. Can't wait for the next little Hooper to arrive.

Hugs,

Sis Kathi