Saturday, December 19, 2009

MEETING SANTA
Boy, did I talk up Santa this year! Boston was ABSOLUTELY and COMPLETELY excited to meet Santa. He flips out ANYTIME he sees a man with a long white bear and starts screaming "SANTA! SANTA!" So today I finally convinced Kent that yes, it is a father's duty to go with us to visit Santa. Boston was VEEERRRRY ecstatic about this and the moment he saw Santa he just stopped. I thought at first he was nervous but then I realized he was seriously just in awe! I walked him over to Santa and placed him on his lap and there was a nervous little grin on his face that was like he was screaming inside, "I'M SITTING ON SANTA'S LAP!!!!" I WAS a little disappointed that Santa didn't ask Boston what he wanted for Christmas which I prepped Boston for over a hundred times (by the way, his response is "Toys!" then when you ask what kind of toys he says "MICKEY MOUSE TOYS!"). But Boston did tell us many times later that night that Santa told him "MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!" He LOVED IT!
He then proceeded to carry THIS picture around with him all night! He was soooo proud....and maybe I was just a little bit too!!
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

5 comments:

Bridgett said...

How freaking cute! I cant believe the stupid Santa didn't ask what he wanted, seriously that is all his job entails- duh:) JK Miss ya

KathiNiels said...

Karlee I always love reading your posts. This one is precious and a very treasured memory that now you have recorded forever. This is one blessed little boy and to have such a wonderful Mom and Dad.

Merry Christmas to you!

Kelly Munns said...

oh my gosh, he is sooo cute! that is hilarious...and the best santa/kid pic i've seen yet! seriously...i love the look on his face! ps. when did santa get a belt buckle with his name on it?

Jenn said...

That is so sweet. I love his smirk! I can only imagine the anticipation he had while waiting in line. :) He looks sooo big boy in the pic. crazy~

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

You are hilarious! And words can't express how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little boy! Look at that sweet grin on his face. Merry Christmas Bubba, can't wait to see you TOMORROW!!!!!!