Tuesday, November 24, 2009

WE DID IT!!!!
I can OFFICIALLY say it IS official! We have FINALLY (after 2 previous tries) gotten rid of the binky!!!!! SOOO proud of the little man (and even MORE proud of myself for finally deciding 100% that it was time)! Like I said, we've tried 2 other times without success (for various reasons) and this time, it was do or die! For myself mainly, ALL BINKIES HAD TO BE GONE...OUT OF THE HOUSE...DESTROYED....GONE!!!! Yes, I think it was harder for me than for Boston. I explained to Boston that big boys don't use binkies and that they're only for babies. We then proceeded to chop the binkies in half and throw them in the trash. Boston actually found this pretty exciting....all until he laid down for his nap! He only came out of his room once asking and crying for them but then after explaining again that they were for babies, he went right to sleep and has NEVER had a problem since!!! It's officially been ONE week and I'm VERRY proud of this guy!
Please ignore Boston's new cheesy smile....this is what I get when I ask him to say "smile and say cheese" for the camara!

All cut and ALL thrown in the trash! I do find it funny that I've probably bought 385798790235 binkies over the past 2 yrs and only have THREE left!! Seriously, where do these things disappear to??

4 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

What a BIG boy!!!! We are so proud of you Bubba (and of mommy). I just hope we can do the same for Charlie. I KNOW he is going to have a hard time with this one (it's gonna be hard for me because he is my bebe).
ALSO, that picture of Boston is HIL.AR.I.OUS. At first I thought maybe he was trying to poop, and then I remembered that he cut his binkies, so maybe he was really upset with you still.....AH, and then I read the caption below.....it's his new cheezy smile! haha, I love that kid.

Kelly Munns said...

lol...good job mom!

Cassie said...

its nice to be pacifier free! Hallie has been for about 2 months now and it is great! Good luck and stay strong!

critts said...

Congrats Boston! What a big boy! I am so nervous for that day with Abby. I'm sure I'll probably be e-mailing for tips.