O CHRISTMAS TREE
It's CHRISTMAS TIME and I can OFFICIALLY decorate for Christmas!! I have been TRYING for YEARS (5 Christmases) to convince Kent to buy a REAL tree and FINALLY made him PROMISE LAST year that if I went ONE more year with a fake, I'd get a REAL one this year! He kept that promise with NO complaints or trying to convince ME to stick with the fake...I appreciated that!
So Saturday we headed off to the Christmas tree lot to pick out our tree!
Brandon, Amanda, and Tessa joined us because since they've had a REAL tree every year, we needed pro's help on finding the BEST one!
Boston enjoyed weaving in and out of all the trees while making me think I was going to loose a TWO year old.
After all our hunting and husbands slowly growing impatient, we settled on our FIRST REAL TREE!!! Like our LSU get up? Game day people, GAME DAY!
I had this picture perfect image in my head....Christmas music playing while the whole family happily decorates the Christmas tree...yeah NOT SO MUCH in the Hooper house!! Boston placed TWO ornaments on then ran around the house like a crazy child while also attempting to take bulbs OFF the tree to throw (hence the shatter proof bulb purchase I made this year) with a husband getting VERRRY tired of my Christmas cheer and was just about DONE with all the decorating! Sooooo THAT image didn't happen this year...maybe next year? Good thing is that it is pretty much completed regardless!
I'd like to put a FULL picture up of the finished product, but she's not finished yet people. I'm still trying to convince Kent to buy a NEW tree skirt (I decided to redo my tree this year and the tree skirt I just purchased LAST year is the wrong color so he's a LITTLE upset about that....which by the way that tree skirt took me FIVE Christmases to get....Kent can be a little scrooge during the holidays sometimes) soooo until I somehow finagle my way into that one......the unfinished product will have to do.
6 comments:
First, are you sure you didn't have Brandon and Amanda come just so you could use their SUV to transport the tree? =)
You guys crack me up! I love reading your posts. And it is so wierd to see ya'll wearing short sleeves. When I first saw that I thought, "Boston's gonna get sick! What are they thinking not putting him in a coat?!" Then I remembered you live in the southern state. And that 40 degree weather doesn't exist right now.
Your tree is beautiful and I'll cross my fingers for you in hopes of that new tree skirt! Come on Kent!
The Christmas tree looks great! Haylie attempts pulling all of my decorations down too, gotta love the chillins. We miss you guys!
I love your holiday cheer!!! it looks beautiful!!! xoxo
what's up with Kent not letting you have a real christmas tree?!!! we didn't have a real one growing up so I vowed that when i got married i'd have one. The first couple of years we didn't have one out of cost (we didn't even have a tree at all!), but the last few years we've gotten one. it smells soooo good! and is prettier than a fake one. why would he not want that?!
We don't have a skirt this year either. I decided last year that I was going to get rid of all my decorations and get new ones for this year. I didn't remember that until we went to decorate the tree this year and had no "theme"! We have some mismatched decos that will do for this year AND no skirt. I need to get some presents under there to hide it! We (Eric and I) are both to cheap to buy new stuff until it is 75% off after Christmas.
awesome. real trees are the best. i love the cheesy tree topper picture...you're so funny.
Post a Comment