Saturday, October 18, 2008

CRUISING THE CARRIBEAN!
WOW! Have I been super busy or what lately? I don't feel like we've slown down in the past 2 weeks! Anway, we got back Tuesday from our FABULOUS (as Kimora says) vacation on a cruise! This was my FIRST time cruisin and I must say a TOTAL blast and VERY relaxing! We left little Boss man behind with my parents (THANKS A BAZILLION AGAIN!) and headed for our boat (or ship..whatever you wanna call it).
THIS is how we got on the cruise in record timing of 20 min compared to everyone else's 2 hour wait! Kent flirted and spoke a little ghetto talk with one of the workers and she sent us straight to the top with Kent's "gimp" leg! Everyone was quite impressed with Kent's skills.
We played....
We caught OH SO MANY rays..
We ate til we were about to BLOW! Notice Chase's "pregnant belly" after one of our meals!
We hit up Cozumel where we snorkled (sorry no pics of that) at a nice all inclusive resort where we watched a black lady freak out about getting in and out of one of the hammocks and some TOTALLY DRUNK LSU fans doing what they do best--being loud, talking trash and drinking!
My first time on a little moped! Kent and I cruised all of Cozumel on this thing yelling out "HOLA" every where we went waving to all the little MEH-HE-CAN-O-S (Kiers no worries, I told your ancestors hello..)
We had UNLIMITED ice cream which I think I ate 3-4 cones in one sitting and of course one night Kent felt the need to make the biggest ice cream cone and NO he DID NOT succesfully eat that!
We had a friend waiting for his every night when we got back to our room.
I think our waiters all serenaded us this night with some Italian song and most of them were Philipino, Asian or something to that affect...it was entertaining though!


The GROUP!

Things not pictured:
  • The HAIREST MAN competition (why that's something to be proud of I don't know...)
  • WAY TOO many women who were in swimsuits they shouldn't have been in
  • The 100 lbs I gained from all the food I ate
  • The night we hit up the dance floor and showed off our moves and learned the CUPID SHUFFLE (okay, don't make fun of us for just learning it...and for those of you who have NO IDEA what I'm talking about, that just makes me feel that much better about learning it so late!)
  • The waterslide to which for the first time I came to a complete halt in the middle of
  • LSU took a slaughtering to Florida...the boat was bad luck
  • MANY drunks making fools of themselves (many 40+ yr olds thinking they were still 18)

So we ate too much, caught a tan, drank too much (my fountain card gave me unlimited cokes to which now I MUST have a DP everyday or the headaches come on), relaxed too much and partied like we were 18 again! It was SUCH a fun vaca and I was SAD when it was over! Although, it was nice to see our little man again finally!

OH! And Kent brought sexy back!!!!

10 comments:

Ciara said...

1. WELCOME BACK!
2. Glad you could visit the motherland.
3. aren't cruises the best? Seriously! I would rather go on a cruise than almost ANYTHING in the entire world. For our 10th anniversary I made Lyle promise he would take me on the 2 week Mediterranean cruise. I am counting down the days.
4. Ok, I MUST recommend the disney cruise if you don't want all the drunks and weirdos around. We docked in the bahamas with a few other ships (non-disney ships) and I realized what the "real" cruises are like and I preferred my sheltered one.
5. We all MUST get a cruise together in five years and bring the kiddos and go on a 4 day disney cruise. Don't worry, I am planning now. I can't wait! Glad you had so much fun though. I hope I dream tonight of when we were on the cruise. aaahhh...

smnorton said...

Oh my goodness it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Its hard to leave the little ones but it is also so much fun to have a break and some much needed alone time. I am so glad you guys had a good time see you soon

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

OH! You are so funny. I think I laughed during this whole entire post! I'm so glad ya'll had fun AND yes, that is a HUGE ice cream cone.

I MISS YOU! Sure wish I could see you. Hope all is well and I wish I could come down and help you pack your things. I love you.

Amanda and Brandon Jamison said...

Ya....its official! My life is lame, and yours is amazing! Thanks for updating! I am a little impatient. It looks like you had a lot of fun!

Furniss Family said...

Gosh, that looked like it was so much fun!!! That's wonderful you got to go on a vacation and have some time alone together again. Don't you wish you could go on vacations like that all the time, well, at least twice a year :) I hope to go on a cruise someday, look like a blast.

Cassie said...

oh I am oh so JEALOUS!!! I would love to go on a cruise!!! How fun, I still have never been on one and your pics just look like so much fun! Maybe someday.....until then Iowa will have to do!

Bybee's said...

fun cruise! we must have taken the same one for our honeymoon. we even rode a scooter around cozumel too. that was really fun. and we swam with the sting rays...way scarier than i thought

critts said...

So fun! I am oh so jealous of your tan.

Cardon Family said...

oh....aren't cruises the best!!! they are so relaxing and there is not a care in the world! I love them! I am glad you guys had a good time!!

Kelly Munns said...

oh my gosh, hilarious. that looks like so much fun. we went on a cruise for our honeymoon and it sucked. we didn't have any sober friends to hang out with and if you don't drink or gamble what else is there to do? it was a learning experience. that disney cruise sounds so fun! then i don't have to leave my baby... :) i'm such a wuss.