HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BIRTHDAY BOY!!!!!!!
Don't you just HATE it when people don't update their blogs regularly? I DO! But...I can't be too mad lately because I've been quite the slacker. I have an excuse for this past week but other then that...I don't have a thing. So today, hopefully I'll be able to get caught up....here we go!
Last Thursday was Kent's 27th BIRTHDAY! YES 27!!!! I can't believe he's almost 30! Where has the time gone? Last Tuesday, we had a little combined birthday party that night for Jared N. and Kent since their birthday's are within the same week. We got everyone together and grilled, ate, and visited. That was Kent's official bday PARTY so when Thursday rolled around we didn't do too much especially since Kent doesn't get home from work until 9:30 or so. I failed to make Kent a birthday dinner since I was running around all day getting his birthday stuff (yes, I was a slacker and waited last minute) and preparing for our trip to Bear Lake that we were leaving for the next day. Sooooo I made him pick a restaurant to order takeout. We ate dinner from ON THE BORDER (WE LOVE) at about 10 pm, opened his present, blew out candles but were too full from dinner to eat any cake and then Kent stayed up until 2 am playing with his new present!
Since the ipod box is sooo small, I always feel like I have to keep him guessing and wrap it up and put it in bigger boxes to keep him wondering what it is.....
Still going...
Almost there...
GOT IT!!!
I was asking Kent what he wanted for his birthday and his first quick response was a video ipod. He didn't want me to spend alot of money on him so he quickly tried to come up with something else and said to get him a new black belt for church (BOOOORING!). I KNEW he wanted one SSSOO bad but I also new he REALLY didn't want me to spend too much money...so I went in with my parents and I surprised him with what he REALLY wanted! He was surprised when he opened it and said that he was REALLY happy that I ended up going through with it and getting him one because he was secretly hoping that's what he would get! I know him TOO WELL! Thanks Mom and Dad for pitching in!
I LOVE this man and I hope he had a GREAT birthday! He's SUCH a great husband and father who's not afraid to work hard! He has such a great spirit about him and is always finding the positive things in life. He will always be a kid at heart and knows how to make anyone laugh! I'm so glad that I'm the one who got lucky to be stuck with him for eternity!






5 comments:
Yeah birthday boy!
Happy bday to Kent, wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys!! What a nice gift!!
That's the Kent I remember with the look on his face with his new IPOD. He is so funny. The new IPOD's are awesome. I went to the apple store and could stop playing with it, who would've thought about a touch screen being so fun!
i still have the picture of him in these super tight pants and nerdy attire for some ward activity in rexburg. i'm sure it's not the first (or last) time he's worn it, but it sure stuck out in my head! poor kent...those pants were sooo tight. anyway, happy birthday buddy, i'm right behind you! and karlee...27 is sooo not almost 30. sheesh!
Happy Birthday Kent! You and I are a few years from being 30, Jesse only 1....old man! Take care!
Post a Comment